Wednesday, July 07, 2010

Small Window

into the heart of God,
your eyes reveal what mine cannot always see:
the joy of the Maker in the simplest of things.
A flower pulled, a stone thrown,
falling water cupped in your hand,
all these you notice with clean consideration.

With your smile so slight, infectious laughter
eyebrow furrowed, your attention held
moment by moment you lead me through
into a world that has been lost to me
since I last looked at life
through the eyes of a child.

In the shifting sand, time holds you captive.
In a game of chase you are endlessly fascinated.
With each floating leaf
each trip down the slide
you unveil a landscape of joy to me.

When my heart is broken and far away
You bring me near to the heart of the Father.

In my love for you I find His love for me.

(for Leif)

No comments: