Wednesday, December 24, 2008

Experiencing Life In Ministry

Charles: Experiencing Life in Ministry

I work as a discipleship counselor and trainer at Grace Ministries. The job involves a great deal of personal interaction, which I love, but it can also be stressful because God leads the people who come to me to face the most broken and wounded places in their lives. If I had to carry the burden of all the emotional pain and struggle that I hear about even just from one week, it would be overwhelming. Thankfully, that's not how I see my job at all. My job is to be present to people, as a willing manifestation of the love and life of Jesus, and to let Him speak to them, minister to them, heal their pain, deal with their flesh and reveal their spiritual identity in Him.

One of the roles I have been called to at GMI is to be the storyteller for the ministry, to get the message of Grace out to people through sharing the testimony of those who have come to an encounter with Jesus. I will be doing this through newsletters, and other means that God has only just begun to show me. I hope that you will follow along as I go on this journey of discovering how to capture what the Spirit is doing in people's lives.

Another role that I play here is to participate on two committees as part of what we are calling the Good to Great process. To see the book we read and the process we went through look here. The first group is designed to develop the roots of our organization, to assist the staff with support raising, and work through policies and procedure to create the most efficient and effective work environment. The second group, called the lighthouse, to begin in four months time, will be focused on developing new materials and nurturing creative endeavors among the staff of this ministry.

No comments: